As Vest as I Can


Let's just talk about this vest, shall we? This is what I bought while in Quincy over the weekend, and it's one of those pieces that just looks like I should have already owned it. I've been wanting a utility vest like this for a while now, so when Old Navy was having 30 percent off, I couldn't resist. I kind of just want to pair it with everything. There's always something so appealing about a tougher piece paired with feminine clothing. Of course, this is nothing new for me, but I'll continue to talk about how much I love it for as long as I please. I also love the simplicity of this black dress with it. Weirdly enough, I've had multiple people look at my outfits and say, "Aren't you happy that it's finally dress weather?" To which I've replied, "It's always dress weather."

Other than the usual lack of sleep and preparing for graduation, nothing much is new. I'm starting to address grad announcements to send out, so there's that. I'm also starting to go through my room (and closet) and figure out what things to get rid of so there's less to ship. Basically, my life is incredibly exciting. One of these days, I promise I won't write a post late at night after work when I'm delirious, and I'll actually write something interesting and thought-provoking. One of these days.


Happy Wednesday, everyone. We're so close to sleep and laziness. Wait. You didn't think I actually had plans this weekend, did you?

Vest: Old Navy
Dress: TJ Maxx
Flats: UO
Necklace: c/o eFoxcity
Belt: Thrifted

15 comments

  1. I like this pairing of soft and feminine with the hard and practical too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theres something great about a simple black dress because you can pair it with so many things like that vest, making it so easy to make outfits. Also ditto on the 'It's always dress weather"!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this ensemble! The vest makes it all so perfect and you always have such neat jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to everything about this outfit!! I need a vest like that!!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny, I was JUST going to say that this vest reminds me so much of Marlen! Definitely need to jump on the army vest bandwagon, you gals look adorable in it and I love how it toughens up an outfit!
    xo Hannah

    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i totally hear ya 'bout the lack of interesting things to write about, but i do still enjoy the life updates : ). sounds like we're in the same boat right now w/ packing up & finishing school. are you moving back to CA? i never thought of vests as very interesting but Marlen has def made me change my mind on that & i've also been wanting a similarly military colored one. super cute w/ the black dress.
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same one and I LOVE it!! I actually bought it because a few of my favourite bloggers had it and I loved how they styled it. I love the idea of pairing it with a simple dress like you did!

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heeeey, new blog layout! I like! And the vest is super rad, love how you styled it. It's always dress weather- Amen to that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this vest because it's totally not a color I'm used to seeing on you and I totally love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new layout! And I would wear that vest with everything too, it looks great on you!

    In response to your "it's always dress weather" comment, last week when I saw you in the Union my friend with me asked if you were one of the fashion bloggers. She said she knew because you were wearing a dress when it was entirely too cold to wear a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I love this look! I totally saw this vest at Old Navy and wanted to purchase it but I've been trying to save my $ because I just started my new business and all but oh how cute it is and you styled it perfectly! Love it!
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!! So cute! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait...wait, wait, wait, I must've missed a post.
    Your new blog layout is AWESOME!!! :D
    Haha, just had to mention it.
    Anyway, your response to dress weather was perfect. You always have rocked the dresses! This is a great outfit too, paired with the perfect necklace and vest :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  14. it is impossible to NOT use vest puns when you write a post wearing a vest. i've tried. you are so cute, "it's always dress weather", agreed!

    also, these pictures are babetown USA!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love tough and feminine clothes together too! This looks so great. I love how army green looks paired with black too. And those shoes are super cute!
    And it definitely is always dress weather!

    ReplyDelete