The Lannisters Send Their Regards


All cards on the table, I'm having a hard time concentrating on this post. For one, I'm beyond exhausted and running off of three hours of sleep as I write this on Sunday night. The biggest reason, though, is because I just finished the "Game of Thrones" finale, which, in all its glory, is very distracting. So I'm going to be very proud of myself if I actually make it through this entire post. Bonus points if I actually make sense during it. I hung out with a bunch of friends on Saturday night for my good friend Greg's birthday, and even though I played designated driver for the night, I still ended up home and exhausted past 1 a.m. and in bed by 2 a.m. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but work the next morning required me to be up around 5 a.m. Father's Day is one of the busiest days of the year at the restaurant I work at, so it would have been tiring even if I had gotten a full night's sleep. After eating lunch and showering really quickly, I went straight to my brother's house to celebrate Father's Day, and was only home for about 20 minutes before my friends were picking me up to go to Downtown Disney for a late dessert. There was no time for napping or blogging, hence why I'm writing this at almost 1 a.m., attempting to stay awake.

I do at least have enough energy to talk about this dress that I'm wearing as a top. I borrowed from the extremely lovely Jana via Flock Together, and it's one of those pieces that has been on my wishlist for a while. I'm glad I got to try it out, though, because I ended up not really liking how it looked on me as a dress. I struggled with how to style it for longer than I should have, but I knew that I needed to find a way to make it work somehow since that collar was just too great to pass up. I ended up wearing it as a top and pairing it with this skirt (which looks more turquoise in person), and I quite like the results. Add to that a simple cardigan and little wedge sandals, and this is the kind of look I can get behind.


If the title of this post seems strange, it's a "GoT" reference. I promise I'll stop talking about it soon now that that's seasons over, but for now, I can't help it. The show is just that good. Have you watched the finale yet? Do you think Arya and Tyrion are badasses, or do you think Arya and Tyrion are badasses?

Dress (worn as top): Borrowed from Jana
Skirt: Buffalo Exchange
Cardigan: Target
Shoes: Thrifted
Ring: c/o eFoxcity

22 comments

  1. This is darling. Now, get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elana, this might be my all-time favorite outfit post of yours. I think this outfit is so flattering on you, and I love how you turned Jana's dress into a top! I wish I could pull off mustard yellow, but it's a super-tricky color on me. Get some rest, dear girl! <3

    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shoes! can't believe it's thrifted
    it's perfect for summer :)


    The Sweetest Escape 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, this is so cute! I've been wearing dresses as tops a lot lately, and I'm loving it. They just make such a unique outfit, like yours (: and I love the colors you chose! I always thought mustard and turquoise were a great pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- sounds like a crazy busy weekend! I love this dress as a top, you really found a way to make it work for you. I don't watch GoT but Brian was up late watching it too :) Hope your Monday is a little more restful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is so cute! And can we talk about your legs for days in this look? Yowza! Sounds like a super busy weekend- hopefully you'll get some time to relax this week.

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go to sleep, lady! I can get a full night's sleep and still manage to be tired. I love how you styled the dress (as a top!) with contrasting colors. The dress is from Modcloth, right? The color of it makes me think of squash; I love the collar too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfit - especially loving the clash of mustard and blue! Hope you manage to get some sleep, you sound crazy busy! xx

    everythingbutthekitchen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. The collar on this is so perfect! I am so sad GoT is over for awhile, the finale was obviously bat sh*t crazy (though I read the books so I knew what was in store!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you styled it as a top, and with the blue!! It looks great. I also have a hard time styling it. I find it an awkward length on me, and the waist doesn't actually hit my natural waist. But you nailed it!

    I didn't watch the GoT finale yet... I get too worked up watching it at 10:00, that I can't sleep afterwards (even though I, like Hannah, read the books!). I'll be watching it tonight though :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you had once busy weekend!! I actually stayed up Saturday night also for a friend's birthday. I had to drive someone to the train station at 1:15 and was finally in bed at 1:45. Exhausted you may be, but you look super cute! Love the colors together!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like the few people who don't watch Game of Thrones! The only thing I know about the show is that there are a lot of deaths HAHA :) Really loving the crochet collar on the top!

    http://www.asplashoftan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of my favorite outfits of yours. I love the color contrast and the shape on you. Also indoors? This is different and somehow FANCY. Mostly I just really want that chair. And girl, you know sometimes you can just sleep and blog later?! You party animal, you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh Game of Thrones. So crazy good! I can't wait until next spring when it returns. I know I could read the books but I really enjoy watching the show and not knowing what's going to happen next so I'm fine with waiting :)

    Well that dress as a top looks adorable with your skirt! I hope you are able to recover from your energy loss today so you can gain some momentum back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ughhhh, I am so behind on GoT! My co-worker has offered me to borrow season 3 though, and I'm super excited about that :D
    Anyway, you always layer your clothes so cutely Elana!
    Get some sleep though! 3 hours is not enough to function! :P

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh I can't get over how cute the collar is!! Absolutely adorable. I think the color goes perfectly with that skirt!
    And omg that Game of Thrones finale!! I already can't wait for next year!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah Im already depressed about a year without GOT. I totally understand why you had to wear the dress because that collar is too cute. Also that ring is so adorable, with the little antlers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I apparently need to hop on the bandwagon that is Game of Thrones- all of my friends are talking about it! You look really amazing- wearing a dress as a shirt is such a genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look adorable! I love the mustard paired with that bold blue <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Um.... hello? You are so cute! I love those shoes and the ring and how you styled this lovely little dress. Mustard looks so good on you!
    xoxo
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete