Mondays


It's kind of strange that, at this short moment of time in my life, I almost look forward to Mondays more than the weekends. Don't get me wrong; I love the weekends, especially since my friends have more free time and more plans are made. Unfortunately, though, I work super early shifts (we're talking 7 a.m.) at my restaurant job on Saturday and Sundays. I get off really early, around noon, so it's not like I don't have free time, but it's still a little exhausting. Well, it's mostly exhausting because Friday and Saturday nights are when people like to stay out later, and I never get enough sleep. Mondays and Tuesdays, though, are for sleeping in for me for the time being. Sure, I'll be up by 7:30-8ish, but the fact that I don't have to wake up that time is something to celebrate. 

Exhaustion aside, I did have a good weekend. I spent some time at my brother and sister-in-law's house on Friday, where I got to play with Legos with my nephew and take outfit pictures with Elyse. On Saturday night, I went to my friend Jeremy's Halloween party, which I had been looking forward to all week. I've never gotten too into Halloween or dressing up, but when I got the idea to dress up like Marty McFly, I knew I could make this one a good one. Luckily, I can always count on my best friend Whitney to dress up like a dude from an '80s movie with me rather than finding something risque, so she went as the Doc Brown to my Marty. It was probably the best idea we've ever had. You can see what we looked like by following me on Instagram.


As usual, I've started rambling like this is my diary and forgot to talk about the outfit. While at Goodwill to find a shirt to use for my Marty costume, I might have ended up walking out with a few other things in addition to the men's plaid button down. This $4 polka dot top was one of them. I have a ton of polka dot dresses, but no polka dot tops, and I loved how versatile this one is. I haven't actually worn this outfit yet, but I plan to later this week, and I love how the necklace looks with the top and the teal skirt. It was one of those no-brainer outfits that came out even better than I had hoped.

Top, skirt: Thrifted
Necklace: c/o Hello Cheeseburger
Flats: Urban Outfitters

6 comments

  1. Your Halloween costume was literally perfect, and your friend's costume brought it up to a whole new level! This outfit is totally adorable on you (: I love the polka dot top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty! And I totally get loving Mondays best; I used to love Mondays back when I was a barista and those were the days I didn't have to get up at 3am to get to work by 3:30. It's so nice to have days when you can wake up whenever you want to.
    Haha, so my husband really wants to dress as Marty and have me be Jennifer. But I'm trying to convince him to go as Amy and Rory, since I'll have red hair (or even Amy and the Doctor)... and I'm conflicted about which one is better. Sigh. The problem with loving too many things.
    Your costumes were great!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think that is one of the funnest, most brilliant costume idea :D

    Also, the necklace goes great with the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Goodwill finds! I'm excited to see your costume. And I love Mondays too because they are my only day off. I bartend at night and work from home during the day but do nothing on Mondays and it is fabulous.

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sweet little outfit you have put together and I adore Marty McFly! Great movie and all around great character! I totally understand about your shift woes... I used to have a late or Mid shift and it was right smack in the middle of the day so I felt like I couldn't do anything before or after. Ugh... you look so pretty!
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel you on the waking up early on the weekends. I work Saturday mornings and it's rough when everyone wants to hang out friday night and saturday night and I'm just like, "can we sleep?" Also you look wonderful in blue as always.

    ReplyDelete