Navy


I'm really in love with this dress. From far away, it looks like just a simple navy frock, but upon closer inspection, it has actually has the prettiest lace detail. It's extremely flattering and versatile, and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't already worn it twice since it came in the mail on Thursday. I received it through a Facebook swap, new with the tags on, and I foresee it being in heavy rotation in my wardrobe from now on. I actually wore the day after I got it for coffee and thrifting, and then I ended throwing it back on when I went over to my brother and sister-in-law's house on Sunday because I couldn't resist. I also picked up these shoes (which are wedges, but kind of just look like flat sandals in the grass) while thrifting on Friday. They're Tommy Hilfiger, and while I love how they look with the dress, I made the mistake of not looking in a full-length mirror before I walked out of the house on Sunday. So much regret for wearing a cream belt. And now I've just called attention to that mismatched pairing, so you're welcome, Internet. 


I don't have a ton to say today. I'm making some big life decisions and freaking about the future, but I'm not quite ready to share everything on here yet. Plus, that's really nothing new at this point. For now, I'm just distracting myself with the new frozen custard place that just opened near me. I was supposed to see "Gone Girl" with friends last night, but we kind of just ended up at the frozen custard place most of the night instead. I really want to see the movie, but I have no regrets.

Also, "Birdman" finally opens this week. I am so pumped for that movie, you have no idea. 

Dress: Modcloth via Facebook swap
Wedges: Tommy Hilfiger, thrifted
Rings: Fifth & Mae

12 comments

  1. Oh, such a gorgeous dress! I love dresses that have little subtle details like the lace; they're the best kind. And I think the cream belt with those shoes is fine, I would never have noticed until you said something! I hope your major life decisions all work out well; those times are so stressful.
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute dress- love the location too <3 Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is so pretty and I am so jealous how much it feels like summer in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lace detailing really makes this dress. I actually don't mind the cream belt with those shoes. I wouldn't have even thought much about it if you hadn't called attention to it, haha! I'm really looking forward to Birdman, too.

    Good luck with your big life decisions! Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love the dress and your fab rings!! So pretty :)

    It's okay not to share every aspect of life on the blog. I think we all hold back a bit on certain things. There's no easy way to deal with life decisions either. Your twenties are just SO AWKWARD!!!

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this is a lovely dress! That navy color suits you perfect. Also, you thrifted those wedges? *internet high five*
    Haha, and ah man, we always notice those mismatching things belatedly, don't we? :P

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's wrong with the creamy belt? I like it, it creates a great contrast! ^_^ Life altering changes are always scary, but worth it, don't worry and carry on! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the cream belt! You look great! You should join our link up party - Let Your Light Shine Thursdays

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when dresses have sophisticated details like this!! Navy is a lovely color on you! When I'm in the thick of big life changes, I like to keep it to myself as well. When I was job hunting I didn't tell anyone because it kind of felt like talking about my fears made it more real. You'll get through this! :)
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the mismatched belt! Sometimes matchy-matchy looks like you're trying too hard!
    Nic
    www.salvageandstoneblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the "matched" belt and shoes is something of an outdated fashion rule (or one I am guilty of often breaking at any rate!). Here the cream belt looks adorable and like it goes with the shoes. I think that is because tan/navy/cream is a pretty combo anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh the dress is super cute! Love the delicate lace details! I think the mismatched paring actually looks better!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete