Wood Watches and Triangles


At this point, I think it's safe to assume that when you don't see me update for a week, it means that good things are happening. To start, my birthday was last week (the 17th), and last weekend was wonderful. I took the day off of work, got breakfast and coffee with my best friend, and spent the afternoon in Balboa Beach with Jon. That night, my friends and I went to an Italian restaurant/brewery near my apartment. It was a blast, and the rest of the weekend was filled with more delicious food and family. You know, the important part of birthdays. Then, this past weekend was one of my best friend's wedding. I went to high school with Jeremy, but didn't become close with him until I was in college, and in the past four years, he's become like family. It's so strange to reach that age where my friends getting married is completely normal, and it's even stranger to be at a wedding where I remember the groom calling me to tell me about a girl he met and then helping him set up the proposal. I've gotten to know his new wife, Sabrina, as well, and it was amazing to see them both so happy. It was a seriously lovely wedding, and Jeremy was the first one of my group of friends to get married, which means it was our group's first time at a wedding together. Plus, Jon was a groomsman, and my best friend Adam was the Best Man. It was a blast.

Jeremy and Sabrina invited all of their friends out for breakfast the morning after the wedding, and I wore this dress with a cardigan before I slipped this vest on when it got too hot. I found this Lush dress at a thrift store recently, and it's become my go-to comfortable piece to throw on. I was especially happy to have my new wood watch from JORD Watches to throw on with it this time. Jordwatch was kind enough to send it to me, and I love how unique it is. I've always loved watches, but never end up buying them for myself. I really love that this one is unlike any I would normally find in a store, and it's one that can pair well with casual outfits or dressier ones. 


Also, I'll probably be absent again for the next week, but it's because I'll be leaving for Portland this Thursday! I'm sure I'll be posting a ton of photos, so be sure to follow me on Instagram to follow along. 

 Dress: Lush, thrifted
Vest: Old Navy
Sandals: Shop Ruche
Watch: c/o JORD Watches

Watch Gift Ideas

8 comments

  1. I'm so jealous that you're going to Portland! I really must save up and get to see America soon! Happy birthday btw, birthdays and weddings - so much fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. JORD has some awesome watches! Also, Portland is awesome! :D I love weddings as well, they are always so much fun to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty photos! (love the background) That dress is definitely a perfect go-to; I love the little triangles on it!
    xoxo, Lindsey Dish
    thebeltedpear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lovely outfit (and seriously lovely flowers in the background there). Is it funny that as I was reading this, I was recognizing all the names and going "Oh, how lovely ______ was there too." or "Oh! Well, of course, _____ was a groomsman/best man/flower girl." Realized I've been reading Room 334 long enough to have become familiar with all these names and feel I know them just a bit too. So glad it was a lovely wedding and a lovely birthday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty and unique watch! Alex

    http://tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, I picked out the same one and have been wearing it non-stop! Love this dress too.

    Don't even get me STARTED on weddings. That is where all my time, money, and energy has gone this year!! They are a blast though, especially when all the guests are part of your friend group. Glad you had fun!!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to thank you for this great blog! I really enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    5 year anniversary gift

    ReplyDelete