Beach Day


Ah, we meet again, Monday. This weekend was wonderful, as usual. On Saturday I went to Ruche's event, Sip N' Shop Holiday, at their warehouse with my friend Casey, and it was fantastic. I got to see their first retail space, The Shop at 131, which meant seeing a selection of gorgeous Ruche and Threadsence pieces in person. There was also pizza and beer from some of my favorite local places (Two Saucy Broads Pizza and Bootleggers Brewery), plus booths full of beautiful clothes and accessories from other local stores and brands. I resisted the urge to buy a million things, but I did end up picking up a sweet little leather pouch from Share And Do Good. As much as I like to complain about living in Orange County sometimes, I can't deny that I live by some amazing businesses.

The rest of the day was mostly spent watching Master of None with my friend Adam. I am in love with that show now and already finished the season last night. When I wasn't binge watching yesterday, I was getting breakfast and spending the afternoon at the beach with Jon. We're always looking for free things to do (since we're both broke as hell) and it finally cooled down enough to sit by the water and read together. I wore this lovely vintage dress that I picked up while I was in Portland a few months ago and this new (to me) cardigan that I got from Schoola, my new obsession. If you're unfamiliar, Schoola is an online thrift store that donates money to schools. When you request a bag to be sent to you to fill with clothes, you can choose which school to donate 40% of the sales. Cute clothes and supporting a good cause? It's a win-win for everyone. P.S. If you use my referral link, we each get $20 in credit. 





Oh, here's an incredible thing that happened to me. I won one of Sammi's prizes in her birthday giveaway! In addition to a bunch of cute prizes, I won a $50 Modcloth gift card. Any ideas for what I should spend it on?

Dress: Vintage
Cardigan: Banana Republic via Schoola
Sandals: Threadsence

1 comment

  1. Wow- what a nice concept Schoola has.

    Also, I really love your backdrop here and the lighting in the photos. And the dress, of course!

    ReplyDelete