Modcloth Popsicle Dress + BAIT Ida Shoes


Don't let these perfectly polished, happy photos fool you. This is pure acting, my friends. On Saturday night, Jon and I hosted a little housewarming party at our new apartment with a small group of our close friends complete with snacks, good conversation, and of course, drinks. I, unfortunately, am not a big drinker and therefore am a bit of a lightweight. I ended up having one too many rum and cokes and ended up crawling into my room to sleep while the party was still going on. Long story short, there was a little bit of throwing up, a short amount of time trying to fall asleep on the bathroom floor, and ultimately deciding that I needed to sleep on the couch. It was a long night. Jon and I both woke up feeling like crap the next morning and needless to say had a slow start.

The party was Saturday night. These photos were taken on Sunday.

Believe it or not, we had the most productive day two hungover people could possibly have. We even - wait for it - went to IKEA. And ate meatballs. And bought furniture. We did not, however, put the coffee table or kitchen island together. We did walk the entire store, buy items, and carry them inside. It was quite impressive if you ask me. Once we got back, while on my second wind, I insisted that we take a set of outfit photos. I had been planning to take a set in this popsicle dress because it would be cruel not to. I had been waiting to get the straps adjusted, but I ultimately decided that I couldn't wait and safety pinned them. I also finally got rid of my torn up thrifted wingtips and got myself a proper shiny pair from B.A.I.T. Two items are gorgeous as these warranted a photo shoot while on the brink of vomiting, don't you think?


Fortunately, I also have the Gilmore Girls black hole that I've fallen down to comfort me. I started rewatching it again in anticipation for the new episodes next month, like I'm sure we all are, and I can't stop. It's honestly all I'm doing with every spare minute I have.

Dress: Modcloth
Sunglasses: Modcloth (similar)
Shoes: B.A.I.T

7 comments

  1. Love this dress....so cute! I am in the same boat as you with Gilmore Girls...literally can't stop watching it either (it is even better the second time around).
    -Madison
    www.minniemuseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have guessed it! You look vivacious and lovely.

    Oh, my. I'm on my fourth rewatch of Gilmore Girls right now and I cannot get over how hypnotizing it still is to me! The revival cannot come soon enough.

    www.theclassyjunk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your Sunday morning hangover blues - you look fresh and delicious in this Popsicle covered dress! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gilmore Girls blackholes are a good way to get over feeling a bit bleh. Sorry the hangover was so bad but the pictures are just darling and wow- you two were very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You went to IKEA hungover? That's impressive!
    This dress is THE CUTEST!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a night of drinking, you look great! Props to you for doing a hungover IKEA run!
    Love this dress - it's so summery and pretty!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! We've all been there. I'm impressed that you bounced back enough to take pics AND go to IKEA- respect! Love love the print of this dress!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete